First Aid for Coaches - Fulfill this requirement through one of the four categories of options outlined below:
- Ohio Department of Education-approved pupil activity program. Search for a program during a given time span by entering a beginning and ending date here.
- Nationally approved programs
- Red Cross (First Aid Health and Safety for Coaches);
- Human Kinetics Coach Education Center (Sport First Aid);
- National Federation of State High School Associations (First Aid Health and Safety for Coaches).
- College or university courses
Courses must be completed within the past three years and be related to first aid or athletic training.
- Medical licenses
The licenses MD, DO, DC, PA, RN, EMT, ATC and SCS fulfill the first aid training requirement.